header photo

Warren Farm Barn

Superior Affordable Accomodation

Map

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Penshurst like this:

PENSHURST, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Sevenoaks district, Kent. The village stands at the confluence of the rivers Eden and Medway, 1½ mile S of the Southeastern railway, and 4½ S W of Tunbridge; was anciently called Penchester; is a pretty place; and has a station with telegraph on the railway, a post-office‡ under Tunbridge, and a fair on 26 June. The parish contains also the hamlet of FordcombeGreen. Acres, 4, 526. Real property, £9, 176. Pop., 1, 698. ...

location map -- click to enlarge

View Larger Map